Your angled roofing needs a new life? Shingle roofing is the best option for you!
- Easy to install
- Ideal for angled roofs
- Affordable prices
- Easy to maintain
- Many colors and styles available
However, among all the available models, how to make sure to choose the one for us? Before spending, here are 5 things to consider when choosing shingle!
1 – Know the asphalt shingle types
Right now, on the market, you can find, in general, 2 types of asphalt shingle, that we can easily differentiate by their appearance:
3 tab asphalt shingle Architectural asphalt shingle
2 – Weathering the weather!
In Quebec, meteorological conditions can be ruthless, which will directly influence your shingle’s hold on your sloped roof. Installing materials that are adapted to rough weather is then inevitable!
- Generally speaking, asphalt shingle can resist winds of up to 100km/h in speed(associated to 3-tab shingle).
- However, if you live in a region which can have stronger winds, other shingle types are adapted to that situation. Indeed, architectural asphalt shingle can withstand winds reaching speeds of up to 220km/h!
3- Take your roofing’s slope into account
Depending on how your sloped roofing has been designed, the right shingle will vary!
- Soft slope roofing (4:12 to 2:12): 3 tab asphalt shingle is recommended.
- Medium slope roofing (over 6:12) and strong slope roofing (8:12 to 12:12): Architectural shingle is your best bet for your future roofing.
4 – Which style to put forth
When talking about choosing shingle style, two possibilities exist, depending on the desired finish.
- I want it simple: if you’re looking for something uniform, 3 tab shingle has many monochrome models. Browse our supplier’s shingles!
- I prefer it nuanced: architectural shingle will usually add bumps to its models. Many different color nuances are available! Let yourself get inspired!
5 – Choosing the right color
Now that you know which type of shingle is right for you, now is the time to choose the color! To make your life easier, here are the questions you need to ask yourself:
- Does the shingle go well with the front of my house? Using your own opinion, use the elimination process. This will ensure that the chosen color will go well with the front of your house!
- Do I want to stand out from my neigborhood? Color choice can definitely transform how your house looks. You can also add value or add a unique touch to your house!
No matter the material choice, AP toitures can install any type of asphalt shingle! Consult our blog post to know about our other advantages!